21 June 2007, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Axia Audio is now shipping PathfinderPC Version 4.0, a significant upgrade of Axia’s sophisticated routing control software IP-Audio networks. PathfinderPC lets users construct custom audio routing applications that can be used to switch routes automatically at specified times, in response to pre-programmed events, or by manual command.
PathfinderPC is helpful, intuitive software with an easy-to-use graphical interface. Upon installation, PathfinderPC automatically scans your network and gathers information about audio sources and destinations, allowing users to “point and click” to send audio from one place to another and create “route points” that can be locked or unlocked to prevent inadvertent changes. A Snapshot feature let users quickly create and recall saved scenes to change multiple routes with a single mouse click.
New features included in PathfinderPC Version 4.0 include:
- Increased speed and scalability.
- An enhanced, graphical “Stacking Events” editor that eliminates tedious script writing. Create sophisticated routing “scenes” with Boolean logic that automatically watch for and react to specified events.
- Full control of Axia Element consoles’ VMIX (Virtual Mixer) functionality.
- Prophet Systems delivery system integration with ACU Translator.
- New, informative routing pop-up displays that include complete host and Axia channel number information.
- Expanded support for constructing PathfinderPC “clusters” for automatic backup. New bridge applications help serial port controllers work with redundant servers.
- Detailed, fully customizable system event logging.
- Panel Designer GUI with full hardware mapping support — create custom virtual “button panels” that can be run from computer or mapped to Axia accessory control panels.
- Picture graphics support: create and upload custom graphics for use with Axia LCD control panels.
- Support for routing and translating of serial, TCP and UDP ports.
PathfinderPC also lets users combine audio and machine logic into a single “virtual router” to route bi-directional audio and GPIO together. Audio metering, combined with silence sense, lets you set up “watchdogs” for audio sources, automatically switching to a backup source (and sending an alert e-mail) if audio is not present.
PathfinderPC v4.0 is now shipping at an MSRP of $1,095.00; a free update for existing users is available from www.AxiaAudio.com/downloads/. For more information, contact Clark Novak atcnovak@AxiaAudio.com, or visitwww.AxiaAudio.com.
This press-ready screenshot of PathfinderPC can be downloaded from the Axia picture gallery at www.AxiaAudio.com/pix.
Axia, a Telos company, builds Ethernet-based professional IP-Audio products for broadcast, production, sound-reinforcement and commercial audio applications. Products include digital audio routers, on-air control surfaces, DSP mixers and processors and software for configuring, managing, and interfacing networked audio systems.