06 April 2010, Cleveland Ohio, USA
The Telos Zephyr line of IP codecs has grown again, with the addition of Z/IP ONE, a slim 1 RU codec designed to maximize audio quality from public IP networks and mobile phone data services, including connections behind NATs and firewalls.
Agile Connection Technology (ACT), a Telos exclusive, is the foundation for the Z/IP's exceptional performance on real-world networks. When the network is functioning well, Z/IP provides the lowest possible delay and the highest possible fidelity. Should network conditions become challenging, the Z/IP ONE automatically lowers the bitrate and increases buffer length to ensure that the best possible audio quality gets to the studio with the least delay.
As with all Z/IP codecs, Z/IP ONE is wireless capable and can connect to IP networks via Wi-Fi, EVDO, and UMTS. Telos Z/IP Server service (free to Z/IP owners) helps overcome troublesome firewalls and NATs, as well as easily connect to other Z/IPs.
Z/IP ONE features include:
- Exclusive Agile Connection Technology which automatically senses network conditions and adapts codec performance to provide the best possible audio.
- Wide variety of high-performance audio codecs: AAC-ELD, AAC-HE, MPEG Layer 2, G.711, G.722 and linear PCM.
- Supports SIP 2.0 protocol and conforms to NACIP standards; works with VoIP devices and connections from compatible PBXs.
- 1 RU form factor is equally at home in a studio rack, remote kit or road case.
- Analog I/O plus Livewire™ port for one-click connection to Axia IP-Audio networks.
- Auto-ranging internal power supply for use worldwide.
Z/IP ONE joins the growing family of Telos IP codecs, which also includes the rackmount 2 RU Zephyr/IP and the Z/IP Mixer, which combines the versatility of the Zephyr/IP with the utility of a digital four-channel stereo mixer in a road-ready portable chassis. Zephyr/IP codecs produce superior audio for two-way applications over uncontrolled IP networks and mobile phone data services by dynamically adapting to the network and minimizing the effects of packet loss and jitter. Dynamic buffering, auto-varying bitrate functions, and high-efficiency codecs combine to produce excellent fidelity at low bitrates with nearly inaudible loss concealment.
Z/IP ONE and the other advanced new Telos products at the 2010 NAB Show in Las Vegas – Central Hall, Booth #C146. For more information, contact Angi Roberson via email at angi@Telos-Systems.com, via phone at +1-216-241-7225, and visit Telos-Systems.com.
Press-ready photographs of Z/IP ONE can be downloaded from the Telos Photo Gallery at Telos-Systems.com/press-gallery/
Telos Systems, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with offices in Europe, is a leading manufacturer of ISDN, coded audio and telephone interface products for talk-shows, teleconferencing, audio production, remote broadcasts, and intercom applications.