24 October 2008, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Whether you’re doing a remote from Tucson or Timbuktu, Telos’ new Zephyr/IP Mixer can go wherever you do. After gaining awards and accolades with the Z/IP, Telos’ stateof-the-art IP codec, we were ready for our next challenge. So, in typical Telos fashion, we’ve kicked things up a notch by adding a compact four-channel stereo mixer, worldfamous Omnia processing, and a rough-and-tumble case that’s built to go anywhere.
“For years people have been asking me, ‘what’s the next mode for remotes?’ ” Says David Jablonski, Telos Support Manager. “Well, this is it. The Z/IP made it possible to do high-quality, low-delay remotes anywhere you can get cell or wi-fi service - with no drop out. And with our new Z/IP Mixer, you get an all-in-one-unit, offering portability without the need for ‘clip on’ mixers or expensive upgrades.”
IP transmission is like an unpredictable road filled with twists, turns, and bumps. But, Telos’ Z/IP and the “all-weather” portable Z/IP Mixer, are units ready to crank out quality audio under varying network conditions. Our exclusive ACTTM (Agile Connection Technology) works like digital “cruise control,” continuously correcting and monitoring bandwidth variation, packet loss, and jitter as you sit back and enjoy the ride. A Zephyr introduced low-delay codec, AAC-ELD, ensures consistent sound quality at low bitrates, advanced error detection, loss concealment that only a dog could hear, and almost imperceptible delay for two-way applications.
The Z/IP and Z/IP Mixer makes it easy for both engineers and technophobes to monitor or control the action as much or as little as they wish. The full-color, high-resolution screen displays an easy-to understand interface, context-sensitive help, and an intuitive display graph of network conditions.
But knowing how to use a codec is only part the of the battle. Getting past firewalls and NAT devices, or connecting to a dynamically assigned IP is the other. Telos’ exclusive Z/IP server technology serves as a combination directory assistance service and IM “buddy” list. Looking up and connecting to other Z/IP and Z/IP users worldwide is as simple as using a speed dial. You can even group and password protect only the units you want.
Additional features and benefits of the new Z/IP Mixer:
- Digital stereo mixer with four mic/line switchable inputs.
- Selectable AG /limiter processing presets by Omnia - The World Leader in Processing
- Two separate local headphone mixes to monitor send and/or receive audio
- Studio-grade 24-bit A/D and D/A converters ensure the ultimate in sound quality
- Works directly with high-speed mobile phone data networks via an EVDO USB modem.
- A wide range of transmission bitrates, from 18 kbps to 256 kbps, help get the best audio from any connection.
- Support for UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecom Standard) and other select wireless devices.
- Compatible with Telos Zephyr Xstream (in Ethernet mode) and supports SIP, G.711, G.722, MPEG Layer 2.
This press-ready photo of Zephyr/IP Mixer can be downloaded
Telos Systems, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with offices in Europe, is a leading manufacturer of ISDN, coded audio and telephone interface products for talk-shows, teleconferencing, audio production, remote broadcasts, and intercom applications.