21 March 2013, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Telos will introduce North America to its newest multi-line broadcast telephone system, the Telos Hx6, at the 2013 NAB show in Las Vegas, April 8 - 11, 2013.
Hx6 is a six-line Talkshow system equipped with advanced Telos hybrids and a full suite of audio processing capabilities (including Telos' renowned Digital Dynamic EQ) that are designed to extract excellent caller audio from even the most unruly far-end connections. Hx6 works with POTS or ISDN phone lines, and comes equipped with dual hybrids for high-quality conferencing — the same advanced technology used in the best-selling Telos Hx1 and Hx2 telephone hybrids.
"Ask any broadcaster, and they'll tell you that Telos has the best-sounding phone systems in the industry," remarks Kirk Harnack, Vice President and Executive Director of Telos. "A lot of those kudos are due to the reputations of our six-line phone systems, which have become legendary within the industry for reliable operation and outstanding sound quality. Hx6 continues the tradition of Telos excellence plus affordability — clients are telling us it's our best-sounding six-line system ever!"
With its huge feature set and superior sound quality, Hx6 gives an instant audio upgrade to broadcasters with phone-centric programming. Benefits include:
- Our most advanced digital hybrids, with DSP algorithms optimized for superior performance with today's wide variety of incoming call types, including VoIP and mobile callers.
- Telos DDEQ (Digital Dynamic EQ) and adjustable smart-level AGC, which provide spectrally consistent audio from call to call — even on calls from notoriously tough mobile handsets.
- Smooth, proven symmetrical wide-range AGC by the audio processing experts at Omnia.
- Studio adaptation and a subtle, inaudible pitch shifter that work together to prevent feedback in open-speaker studio environments.
- A sophisticated caller override that improves performance and allows precision adjustment of the degree to which talent audio "ducks" the caller audio.
- Beautiful new Telos VSet6 six-line phone controllers with large, colorful VGA LCD displays for intuitive operation and setup. Telos-exclusive Status SymbolsTM provide producers and talent with animated, high-contrast icons that communicate line and caller status at a glance.
- Three different Hx6 versions for use with analog POTS phone lines, ISDN-S (Europe), or ISDN-U (North American) digital phone lines.
- Caller ID for both analog and digital telephone connections, which is displayed on the VSet6 phoneset and the included XScreen Lite call screening application.
- Direct, on-console control of multiple lines and hybrids from Axia IP-Audio mixing consoles.
- Choice of standard Analog I/O or optional, extra-cost AES/EBU I/O.
- Livewire IP-Audio I/O is included for fast, one-cable connection to Axia networks.
- Easy setup and configuration via Ethernet using any PC and Web browser.
- XScreen Lite call screening software from Broadcast Bionics included with each Hx6 system.
Telos Hx6 is shipping now, with a manufacturer's suggested list price of $3,790 for a POTS system which includes a VSet6 phone controller and XScreen Lite call screening software.
Visitors to NAB in Las Vegas, 8 - 11 April 2013, can see the new Hx6 Talkshow System and the entire family of Telos broadcast equipment at the Telos Alliance display in the LVCC Central Hall, Booth C3007. For more in-depth information about Telos products, visit Telos-Systems.com, and for media information, contact Clark Novak at Telos Systems via email at cnovak@TelosAlliance.com, or call +1 216-241-7225.
Download a print-quality version of this photo from the Telos photo gallery at Telos-Systems.com/press-gallery/
Telos Systems is a Telos Alliance company, Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with offices in Europe, Telos is a leading manufacturer of audio codecs for ISDN and IP connections, and POTS and VoIP telephone interface products for talk-shows, teleconferencing, audio production, remote broadcasts, and intercom applications.